What is pike on fly coaching? It’s your chance to learn how to fly fish for pike and a great starting point.
What fly rod/reel would you need?
Which lines to use or why to use them?
What is a Pike fly? and learn which one to use?
Is it really harder to cast a pike fly than a trout fly?
How do you safely handle a Pike once it’s in your net, unhooking it and releasing it back?
- COVID-19 Information and Angling can be found HERE
- Suitable face covering must be kept on you during the session as I may need to get closer than the 1 meter Social distancing to assist with unhooking.
- Must bring your own hand sanitiser, for fishing; find an unscented sanitiser to avoid transferring scent to your flies which can put Pike off.
- Do not come to your booking if you have any of the symptoms in the last 3 weeks (Dry continuous cough, New or recent loss of taste/smell, High temperature).
- If you can not make your booking due to quarantine or your area being put in to travel restrictions (Lockdown).
- Due to the government guidelines on taking client information for Track & Trace. Do not worry as you already do this when you fill in the digital booking form. Information is kept for 28 days & deleted.
- Maximum of 2 people per session, which is my maximum in normal circumstances.
- Feel free to contact me with any questions.
What if I have never used a Fly rod or caught a Pike before?
Not a problem, the coach will use the information you put on the booking form to create a unique coaching session just for you based on your experience.
Do I need to bring anything?
The booking form has a section for you to let the coach know what relevant equipment you already have. Don’t worry if you don’t have everything or anything; The coach provides everything* you’ll need. We do advise NOT to buy any fly rods/reels/lines before your session, part of this is to help you understand why certain things are needed/used and will make it easier for you to buy gear afterwards.
What do I get for my money?
We like to think you get your money’s worth by offering:
- 4 hours of 1:1 or 1:2 coaching with equipment provided by a DBS checked, Angling Trust Licensed & insured coach.
- 1 year membership to the Pike Fly Fishing Association www.pffa.co.uk
- 3 custom tied Pike flies for you to keep.
- 2 pre-made wire trace with fastach or fastlink clips.
- 1 pre-made fluorocarbon leader.
- Day Ticket fees are included in the price
- Safety brief for the location, fly fishing & pike safety.
- Explain/show you the rod, reel, lines and leaders used.
- Explain/show you the basic cast used to get that pike fly out and get you casting.
- Time to start fishing! Explain/show you where pike like to sit and cast to those areas.
- *Explain/show you how to fight/land your pike.
- *Explain/show how to safely handle pike, unhook and release.
*If a pike is landed, There are no guarantee that fish will be caught during the session. If no fish are caught during the session, a detailed explanation will be given along side a video.
How many people can book at the same time?
Depends on current COVID-19 rules I have enough kit for 2 people per session. I can do a deal on a joint booking for you & a friend if you want to do this together.
Do you offer any discounts?
2 Friends booking together (see two people price).
How much is all this?
One person £95.00
Two people £145.00
Where are the coaching sessions held?
Coaching is done at a location that has open space for fly fishing and Pike are known to be present. Depending on your experience, will depend on where the session is held.
For the more experienced Fly casters or coarse Pike anglers, I’ll be looking to take you out on the nearby Drains or lower reaches of the Lark River. Locations will be discussed and agreed as part of your booking.
About my coach.
Your coach is DBS checked (Disclosure and Barring Service), insured to coach & licensed L2 coach by 1st4sport via the Angling Trust. Had both Covid-19 jabs & With many hours of bank time under her belt hunting the Esox, Babs is very experienced.
- Pike Fly Fishing Association Membership is non-refundable.
- You may cancel your booking 48 hours beforehand and get a refund minus the PFFA membership.
- Bookings cancelled inside the 48 hour window will receive a 50% refund minus the PFFA membership.
- If your coach cancels your booking due to adverse weather, you will get a full refund minus the PFFA membership or re-book your session.
How do I pick my dates?
Please check the calendar below for available dates.
How do I pay?
You must fill in the booking form UNDER the calendar below. Once booking form is submitted, the coach will contact you for a chat. After the chat the coach will send you the link for you to add to cart & check out.